GC Home | Register | Shop | Learn | Business | Around Town | Info
With this handy tool apron, little ones will always have a spot for their tools or treasures. Ties at the back make the apron adjustable to any size. The three pockets in the front leave lots of room for play tools, nails and more.
Sizes: One Size
Fabric Requirements: 115cm (45") - 0.40m
Suggested Fabrics: Lightweight twills, denims and cottons
All seam allowances included.
PATTERN PIECES: Click on the link to view and print the pattern pieces. Use the measurements below to check that your pattern piece is printed in the right size. NOTE: The pattern pieces as printed may be smaller than the size listed so please check!!!
|Front Panel #1||Length: 26 cm (10.2
Height: 20 cm ( 7.7 inches)
|Front Pocket #2||Length: 26 cm (10.2
Height: 14 cm (5.5 inches)
|Length: 26 cm (10.2
Height: 10 cm (4 inches)
|Length: 23 cm (9.1
height 7.6 cm (3 inches
1. Take one strap, piece #4, fold in half matching notches.
2. Stitch along notched edge. Press seam open.
3. Stitch across ONE end. Clip corners to reduce bulk and turn to right side. Press.
4. Topstitch around outside of tie if desired.
5. Repeat with other strap.
1. Form a hem on the long unnotched edge of the front packet, #2. The hem is made by folding under 1cm of fabric, press. Turn the same edge again under 1cm, stitch in place.
2. Place the WRONG SIDE of the front panel #1 to the RIGHT SIDE of the pocket #2. Match notches. Stitch around the outside of the pocket and front panel.
3. Clip corners, turn to front and press.
4. When the pocket is turned to the right side, the seam that was sewn joining front panel and the front pocket will pull towards the front. In order to attach the back facing, this seam must be clipped. Clip this seam at the point where the front pocket top joins the front panel, allowing the front panel to lay flat.
1. Form a hem on the long unnotched edge of the front facing, piece#3. The hem is made by folding under 1cm of fabric, press. Turn the same edge again under 1cm, stitch in place.
2. Place one tie on each side of the front panel inside the "stars." The ties and front panel should lay with right sides together.
3. Baste over the end of the ties preventing them from moving.
4. Place the front facing #3 onto front panel #1 with RIGHT side of front panel to RIGHT side of front facing. Stitch around the outside, starting at one hem side and finishing at the other.
5. Clip corners and turn the facing to the right side so that all the seams are now on the inside. Press facing and topstitch around the completed front if desired.
1. Using the stitching lines as guides on the front pocket, match and then stitch front pocket dividers.
Fill the apron with favorite tools and objects to get your worker started.
More information on The Secret Workshop
Back to the Get Creative! Conference Center
Back to Meet the Get Creative! Experts[_private/Tools/textcenter.htm]